Looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for another Engineer!
Send your resume to: Darren@apexfilling.com
The Engineer designs, tests, and implements machine designs that are an integral part of the organization’s Product Development process. This individual develops, designs, and tests standards and guidelines for developing machine solutions for the organization’s products. This position is responsible for designing and developing products from customer specifications or sales, as well as review and improve existing designs. Additionally, while working with shop personnel, the engineer is responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to bring new products to the company portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage complete machine development process, including the creation of machine designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing machine problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
- Participate in product introduction teams, to deliver new products to market.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
- Work closely with Purchasing to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs.
- Work with the manufacturing department to ensure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or product engineering is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc.), drafting and specification standards is essential.
- Demonstrable proficiency in 3D CAD software is needed.
- Must have a good understanding of process improvement, quality improvement concepts is needed.
- ISO 9001 certification (e.g., CQA, CQE, CQIA) is desirable.
- Should have experience in rapid prototyping.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, CRM software, and ERP systems
- Must be able to demonstrate project management skills and experience
- Project management certification a plus
- Problem solving, and decision-making skills are necessary
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have good communication skills, orally and in writing
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines
- Possess a keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and multi-task; a detail-oriented self-starter
- Works well independently
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- High degree of integrity and ability to manage confidential information
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others
- Presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others
1001 Eastwood Rd. Michigan City, IN 46360