Looking for a new opportunity?
Lead’s main role is to assemble, install, integrate, repair and troubleshoot machinery, as well as provide technical support/service to customers during the complete life of a machine. As a machinery expert, this position will provide advice and physical assistance to the customer in identifying problems associated with the operation of the equipment and to provide innovative solutions to make the customers operations and/or processes operate more efficiently and economically. The Service Technician will provide application assistance, start-up integration and emergency field service in an environment where broad use of independent judgment, discretion and use of technical skills are required. This position also leads other Assembly/Fabrication Team Members with the guidance of, and/or in the absence of, the Production Manager. Performance of these duties may require extensive travel including weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and interprets blueprints and work orders to determine appropriate assembly operations.
- Assemble, install, integrate, repair and troubleshoot machinery of a complex and involved design requiring a high level of technical skill/knowledge and independent problem-solving skills.
- Completes fabrication by hose cutting and crimping, welding, pipe-fitting, drilling, sawing, grinding, testing and other procedures.
- Performs spot checks of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Records labor and parts used in assembly and fabrication on documents per established procedures.
- Monitors related supplies and additional requisitions to complete projects.
- Submits all documentation in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all established inspection, testing, quality and operating specifications are met.
- Leads Apex Assembly/Fabrication Team Members during machine assembly, installation and/or servicing, including repair and/or troubleshooting.
- Directs and or supervises customers personnel during plant machinery installations and integrations or servicing (repair and/or troubleshooting).
- Maintain a positive customer relationship.
- Make recommendations for product improvements.
- After review of customer parts inventory, advise customer of necessary parts that should be included in customer stock.
- Prepare trip reports that update the company as to the status and condition of installed equipment conditions and identifies additional equipment/parts opportunities.
- Support Sales and Part & Service by receiving and responding to customers telephoned technical inquiries as needed.
- Function as a technical resource for customers, Parts & Service Departments, and Technicians to address and resolve inquires and problems, especially, during machine installation and start-up in customer plant(s), as well as for the Sales Representatives and Engineering
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree – Technical/Mechanical (2 year) or comparable direct job experience preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in highly skilled technical support of a mechanical product/system preferably coupled with formal technical training.
- PLC experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accurately use a variety of precision measuring instruments and to read and understand complex engineering designs which include wiring schematics.
- Capable of successfully handling a multi-tasked role.
- Domestic travel required.
- Bottle filling or capping equipment experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which includes presentation skill.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Word/Excel, industry software).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role.
- Problem solving, and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- Possess a keen eye for detail.
- High degree of integrity and ability to manage confidential information.
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others.
- Presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
This position works in an open warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and standard warehouse equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
None – however leads other Assembly/Fabrication Team Members with the guidance of, and/or in the absence of, the Production Manager.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DISCRETION
All team members must maintain the confidentiality of all company and customer information and must not discuss such matters outside of Apex Filling Systems. Tact and discretion must be used in all dealings with all customers and potential customers to maintain a positive image of the company.
1001 Eastwood Rd. Michigan City, IN 46360